Who are we?
Cube is a software provider in the growing and exciting UX industry. Our value proposition is extremely compelling. We are a spin-off of the Tech3 Lab at HEC Montreal and have access to the latest technologies and greatest thinkers in the field of UX. Our specialization is the process of triangulation. Allowing our customers to understand the “who, what, when and where” of user experiences. In becoming an early member of our team, you will be given tremendous opportunity for upward mobility and to share in the overall success of the company.
Why Choose Us?
We are aware that the local job market for software engineers is very competitive. Cube is a great start-up. We want to create a situation that exceeds your expectations. We want you to grow. We want you to excel. Most importantly, we want you to feel like Cube is as much yours as it is ours.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for a software engineer who will be part of our development team. Working closely with the talented researchers at the Tech3 lab, taking their research and moving it towards commercialization. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think “big picture” and have a mid-term desire to move upwards towards a directors role.
- Design and develop improvements, when needed, to the current software application. Keeping customers needs at the forefront of our development requirements.
- Participate in product architecture design and analysis.
- Oversee product QA testing to ensure quality standard expectations are exceeded.
- Coding is a must. The desired candidate will be responsible for significant size and complex coding.
- Prototype, implement and test new features that will be added to the platform.
- Oversee Cloud management ensuring product is always meeting customer expectations for availability and speed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience delivering professional software
- Strong software architecture and C++ skills are required, MySQL, Python and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French is an asset);
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to learn quickly new technologies.
- Relational database concepts and SQL (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Understanding of Test-Driven and Object-Oriented Design
- Knowledge of the Model-View-Controller Architecture
- Knowledge of multi-tier development and separation of concerns
- Knowledge of modern design patterns
- Experience with RESTful Web service and API development
- Working knowledge of T-SQL (Microsoft or Sybase)
- Agile methodologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
LOCATION: Montreal, Quebec
STATUS: Permanent, Full time